MOTION TO CLOSE THE JANUARY 7, 2016 GOVERNANCE & PRIORITIES COMMITTEE MEETING TO THE PUBLIC
That Governance & Priorities Committee convene a closed meeting that excludes the public under Section 12(6) of the Council Bylaw for the reason that the following agenda items deal with matters specified in Sections 12(3) and/or (4) of the Council Bylaw, namely:
• Section 12(3)(a) personal information about an identifiable individual who holds or is being considered for a position as an officer, employee or agent of the City or another position appointed by the City.
• Section 12(3)(e) the acquisition, disposition or expropriation of land or improvements, if the Council considers that disclosure might reasonably be expected to harm the interests of the City.
• Section 12(3)(i) the receipt of advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose.
• Section 12(3)(k) negotiations and related discussions respecting the proposed provision of a City service that are at their preliminary stages and that, in the view of the Council, could reasonably be expected to harm the interests of the municipality if they were held in public;
• Section 12(4)(b) the consideration of information received and held in confidence relating to negotiations between the City and a Provincial government or the Federal government or both, or between a Provincial government or the federal government or both and a third party.