MOTION TO CLOSE THE OCTOBER 7, 2021 COUNCIL MEETING TO THE PUBLIC
That Council convene a closed meeting that excludes the public under Section 90 of the Community Charter for the reason that the following agenda items deal with matters specified in Sections 90(1) and/or (2) of the Community Charter, namely:
Section 90(1) A part of a council meeting may be closed to the public if the subject matter being considered relates to or is one or more of the following:
- Section 90(1)(a) personal information about an identifiable individual who holds or is being considered for a position as an officer, employee or agent of the municipality or another position appointed by the municipality;
- Section 90(1)(c) labour relations or other employee relations;
- Section 90(1)(e) the acquisition, disposition or expropriation of land or improvements, if the council considers that disclosure could reasonably be expected to harm the interests of the municipality;
- Section 90(1)(i) the receipt of advice that is subject to solicitor-client privilege, including communications necessary for that purpose.
- Section 90(1)(k) negotiations and related discussions respecting the proposed provision of a municipal service that are at their preliminary stages and that, in the view of the council, could reasonably be expected to harm the interests of the municipality if they were held in public;